Monday 9 May 2011

Knackered or Just Tired

I had about an hour's sleep last night, so I woke up this morning feeling knackered. I should feel grumpy, but I don't; anyway, that job is already well filled by others. Life is far too short to be waisted on self-pity. One day this journey of my life will end and the next step of my journey will begin. The only thing that I will be able to take with me is that which I have become. Maybe I might get a little break in between and get some sleep then.

Every year, hundreds of people come to see me and each one of them believe that the crises they are in are the most unique. With a little help, they recover, having forgotten how they felt when they came to see me. I recall one man whose wife had left him.
 "My life is over!" he exclaimed. I replied, reminding him his marriage was over, whereas his life was still intact.

Perhaps like him, I am not really knackered. I just feel tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment