Saturday 19 February 2011

Assumed Status



Let us deliberate for a while on the topic of stolen values.  The butcher, at an early age will labour with one who correspondingly has at a similarly early age has worked for an attenuated  period with a Master Butcher in order to learn his trade.  In much the same way the carpenter or stonemason has learnt theirs.

However, there are those who would like to, and do assume rights earned by the labours of others.  "I should know. "My husband was a physicist and you are only a mere doctor". "How can you tell me anything?"  or;  "Who do you think you are?"  You can tell me nothing about the Neuro-whats'it?  You who have been a surgeon only eight years, when my father was a surgeon for forty-two years.  I should know more than you."

Is it any wonder the economy of this biosphere is in the circumstance it is in today?  When the progeny of the great, who cannot distinguish the difference between philanthropy and philandery, expropriate the mantels of their primogenitors, having no other qualifications than the accident of birth or marriage.

History is full of such accidents.  The world is teeming with penniless "Do you know who I am's". They swagger around bars and public places; as if by heavenly privilege they ought to be granted recognition for an other's achievements. "Honour me, for my grand-father  amassed a great wealth for me to squander on bolstering my asinine vanities".

"The name is Dr. and Mrs. Joy," his spouse corrects indignantly, as the Dr. gives his  name as 'Joy' at the club.  The title was more consequential to her, who previous to been married had boasted of her uncle the financier rather than her father the bus driver.  "I did not know that your father was a bus driver" her friend exclaimed.  "He was not a bus driver". "He was Chief Public Conveyance Technician, (C.P.C.T. for short)."  There a new title was born.

It is my belief that I will return to my creator with what I have become  in my heart and not with what I have.  As one father admonished his son, "All that I have I can give you; All that I am you will have to earn for yourself"


No comments:

Post a Comment